Wednesday 28 December 2011

My TPACK Journey!

Reflection on TPACK

TPACK was a model developed by Koehler and Mishra (2009) which broken down means “Knowledge about Content, Pedagogy and Technology".  Throughout my technology course at Brock University we have been on a TPACK journey and have explored ways in which videos, sound clips, pictures, and various other forms of media/text can be integrated into the classroom.  We have been using a program called SlideRocket to integrate this media/text and it is similar to PowerPoint but allows the user to go one step further and take their creation and post it online and use it as a collaborative learning tool.  I believe the pedagogy behind TPACK and the use of SlideRocket has allowed me to explore my own learning and take my knowledge to a new level.  Collaboration is at the heart of my teaching philosophy and being exposed to the pedagogy of TPACK and use of SlideRocket has allowed me to open my beliefs about technology in the classroom and the use of it with my students.  I believe to be an effective TPACK educator I need to let my students explore such collaborative tools so I can learn with them and value the learning the students can take away from it – at the end of the day it is the students learning that matters the most to me J

1 comment:

  1. Wow! Jackie...what a thorough reflection about TPACK. Your twitter and blog is a certain demonstration of your willingness to accept new challenges, and new methods in teaching and learning. Well done.

    ReplyDelete