Monday 26 December 2011

Happy Holidays!

Happy Holidays Everyone!

http://tinyurl.com/7fdspfy

In my family we celebrate Christmas in December and it is a wonderful time to be with friends and family! I love to gather around the Christmas tree and share stories with everyone, it always is so fun... but whether you are celebrating Christmas, Hanukkah, Kwanza, or any other special holiday I hope you are enjoying time with your friends, family, and my favourite, FOOD!

As a future teacher I always want to be inclusive and welcoming to other celebrations regardless of what month they occur in and I plan to make an effort to celebrate along with my students!  I wish that our Ontario curriculum required that each grade level explored more about holidays, celebrations, and traditions - I know that the Grade 2 curriculum does so but I wish each grade level did more learning about others :)  My goal is to take the learning the students have/will do in Grade 2 and take it to the next level!  I love the idea of Multicultural Fairs, as the students at my placement school were involved in it and it was a great success, or having students present their or other culture’s holiday and celebrations to the class!  There are many ways to get creative around the holiday time (regardless of the month or season) and I hope to learn along with my students as we explore celebrations, holidays, and traditions from around the world (or in our own classroom!). 



No comments:

Post a Comment