Wednesday 18 January 2012

#ntchat - collaboration at its finest!

#ntchat - say what?! 


This is a hash tag (#) used on twitter that stands for new teacher chat and is an ongoing discussion that helps to promote collaboration and discussion amongst educators with the goal of assisting new teachers.  I was at first hesitant to join in because I worried about my lack of experience, even though it says "new teacher", and insight that I could offer to the chat.  My fears were quickly dispelled when I began to follow the chat because I found connections and topics that I could join in on.  I only spent 30 minutes in the conversation but gained some amazing new twitter friends and fabulous teaching ideas - I can only imagine what I will get out of the weekly sessions!  I choose to join the #ntchat discussion because my professor, Zoe Branigan-Pipe, suggested that we, as future educators, join a global community and get connnected world wide. The main topic was about classroom management and I ended up in a great discussion about the use of timers in a classroom and the amazing results it has for students and teachers!  I look forward to future #ntchats and encourage all educators to give new tech things a try - we always tell our students to take a leap of faith, so take one with me!

http://twittnotes.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/03/twitte_tos.jpg

2 comments:

  1. Fantastic! How great - your willingness to join and participate in a global PD initiative. I do hope you continue. This will be a great way to showcase your leadership and commitment to 21st Century learning methods - anytime, anyway, anyone, anyplace.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jackie,
    I hope you will participate tomorrow evening as I will be the featured guest for #ntchat and we will be discussing delivery of instruction. Hope to "see" you there.

    ReplyDelete